Are you a self-motivated person with the passion and skills to deliver exceptional mental health support services using the Strengths model and the Recovery approach?
We have a great opportunity for an experienced and qualified mental health support worker with excellent relationship skills, resilience and flexibility who can use their skills to support people achieving positive goals in their lives. If you want to make a difference in people’s lives and work for a well-established and respected award winning provider of mental health services based in West Auckland, please contact us.
We are looking for people who can offer:
- Experience working within the mental health field and an understanding and appreciation of Strengths and Recovery-based practice
- The New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 4) or other relevant qualification
- Excellent communication, relationship and advocacy skills
- The ability to work innovatively and proactively to achieve client and service goals
- A positive, responsible and professional attitude
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A current clean driver’s licence
We can offer you:
- A positive, supportive and stimulating working environment
- Training opportunities and supports for professional development
- Professional supervision
- Competency based remuneration
This is a full-time position working an average of 80 hours per fortnight on a rotating roster over seven days. The shifts are mornings 8am - 4.30pm and afternoons 12.30 - 9pm.
We look forward to hearing from you if you are seeking a challenge at the cutting edge of mental health service delivery and wish to positively contribute to our vision of Healthy Lives Shaping Healthy Communities. For more information about WALSH Trust please visit our web site www.walsh.org.nz
Applicants for this position should have an entitlement to work in New Zealand.
Walsh Trust conducts Police vetting checks for all successful candidates. under the requirements of the Vulnerable Children's Act, 2014, new candidates that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process. For current employees these checks are repeated every three years.
Walsh Trust is an equal opportunity employer and supports a smoke free environment.