Are you a self-motivated person with the passion and skills to deliver exceptional mental health support services using the Strengths model and the Recovery approach?
We have a great opportunity for experienced and qualified mental health support workers looking for flexible working hours to cover shifts in our services based in West Auckland. We have shifts available in residential services (Housing and Recovery) and in our Maternal Mental Health service (working with mothers and their babies during perinatal period). Please indicate your preference in your cover letter.
You would need to be reliable, self-motivated with excellent relationship skills, resilient and flexible and able to use your skills to support people achieving positive goals in their lives.
We are looking for people who can offer:
- Experience working within the mental health field and an understanding and appreciation of Strengths and Recovery-Based practice
- The National Certificate in Mental Health or other relevant qualification
- Excellent communication, relationship and advocacy skills
- The ability to work innovatively and proactively to achieve client and service goals
- For working in our maternal mental health service you need to be comfortable with and have experience caring for babies, with an understanding of attachment and parent craft
- A positive, responsible and professional attitude
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A current, clean, full NZ driver’s licence
If you are seeking a challenge at the cutting edge of mental health service delivery and wish to positively contribute to our vision of Healthy Lives Shaping Healthy Communities please contact us. You can visit our web site www.walsh.org.nz for more information about WALSH Trust.
Applicants for this position should have an entitlement to work in New Zealand. WALSH Trust conducts Police vetting checks for all successful candidates. Under the requirements of the Vulnerable Children's Act 2014, new candidates that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process. For current employees these checks are repeated every three years.
WALSH Trust is an equal opportunity employer and supports a smoke free environment.