Ma mua ka kite a muri. Ma muri ka ora a mua
Those who lead give sight to those who follow. Those who follow give life to those ahead
- If you have initiative, creativity and a passion to make a difference - -
- If you want to be part of continuing mental health reform through the development and provision of exceptional mental health and well being support services - -
- If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and innovative team that supports people to explore and achieve their potential -- THEN READ ON!!
Who are we?
WALSH Trust is an award winning provider of mental health support services in the Waitakere region and has been operating since 1988. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and exceptional manager to join our team at WALSH Trust supporting an Integrated Practice Team.
This is a varied and exciting role as a member of our Senior Leadership Team. The position is permanent fulltime (40 hours per week) and based in West Auckland.
An understanding of the community mental health and well being and/or social services environment in New Zealand is an essential requirement for this role.
- Day to day management of a team, delivering a range of services;
- Development and support of a skilled, motivated and effective team;
- Health and safety;
- Leadership activities that contribute to the development and overall well-being of WALSH Trust, and the provision of exceptional services.
We think you will be the person we want to meet if you have (or are looking to further develop):
- Experience in a management/leadership role(s);
- A capacity to consistently demonstrate courtesy, respect, integrity, kindness and compassion;
- An ability to inspire, motivate, support, encourage and develop a diverse team of professionals to achieve tangible goals and human outcomes;
- An appreciation of the challenges of delivering responsive services within diverse community environments;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- A preference to be part of a team - but is also a self-starter who can work independently;
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
Experience managing teams in the community, health and/or social service sector will be an advantage, but is not essential.
We will offer:
- A competitive salary package;
- Thorough supported orientation;
- Ongoing training with professional development opportunities;
- A great team support network.
If you are seeking a role that is satisfying and utilises the full range of your skills and creativity, we look forward to hearing from you. Please visit our web site www.walsh.org.nz for more information about WALSH Trust. For any queries regarding the role please contact:
Fiona Mackenzie (Executive Secretary) 09 837 5240
Applicants for this position should have an entitlement to work in New Zealand. WALSH Trust conducts Police vetting checks for all successful candidates. Under the requirements of the Vulnerable Children's Act 2014, new candidates that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process. For current employees these checks are repeated every three years.
WALSH Trust is an equal opportunity employer and supports a smoke free environment.